Saturday, January 16, 2010

Today's Thoughts

Thanks to www.giselles2.blogspot.com for this...

Outside my window: gray, foggy, day...at least a lot of the snow has melted.

I am thinking: that although UD lost to Xavier, it was a damn good game.

I am thankful for: the health and happiness of my little boy.

I am wearing: jeans and sweater...socks don't match but they are warm.

I am remembering: that one can't wait for happiness. It's here, now. If you keep saying, "I'll be happy when we get a new car", or "I'll be happy when I get that job," you'll spend your whole life searching for it. We're only passing through in this life, folks. Make the most of it.

I am going: to my neice's horseback riding lesson at 4:00. I hope Edward likes the horses!

I am currently reading: "The Painter from Shanghai" but Jennifer Cody Epstein. Historical fiction for book club on Weds.

I am hoping: we get the car situation resolved soon.

On my mind: everything! (sigh!) OK, it's not really that dramatic today (for once.) Really just the car situation. And the job situation. And the financial situation.

Noticing that: my hair looks really good.

Pondering these words: "Toward all that is unresolved in your heart, be patient..."

From the kitchen: bottle warming up.

Around the house: maybe Chris will make some more progress on the bathroom this upcoming weekend. It's been under construction for more than a year.

One of my favorite things: raindrops on roses. And baby kisses.

A few plans for the rest of the week: get a car!

1 comment: